Not overripe starfruit: 2
Agave syrup: 20 cl
Butter: 30 g
FOR THE CAKE:
Flour: 300 g
Caster sugar: 200 g
yeast: 1 Packet
Limes: 2 (finely grated zest)
Milk: 10 cl
Softened butter: 200 g, plus a little for the mold
How To Make STEAM CUSTARD CAKE
- Before you begin the preparation, butter a charlotte mold. Then pour the agave syrup. And please distribute it on the walls by rotating the mold on itself.
- The starfruit should be sliced thinly. Once done, distribute them in the bottom of the mold.
- You’re going to get a bowl and beat in the butter and sugar with a whisk until you get a frothy mixture. You can then add the eggs, one at a time, then the milk. And please stir in the zest of the lemons.
- After that, sift together the flour and the bakiing powder. You’ll want to add the whole mixture to the preparation and mix well with a spatula.
- The batter should be poured into the mold. Then cover it with one or two sheets of baking paper. Always remember to wrap it with kitchen string or a rubber band to hold the whole thing when the cake is puffing.
- At this stage, make sure the mold is placed in a steamer and cook for about 90 minutes (being careful to check the water level) or 50 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Ok now, go ahead and take out the cake and let it rest for 5 minutes before opening it. Time done, turn it out onto the serving platter.
- The last thing you need to do is to drizzle with the remaining agave syrup at the bottom of the baking dish.