- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Red pepper flakes/cayenne to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Pepper to taste
Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it in half.
Marinate the shrimp in half the sauce for 15-30 minutes. Discard marinade.
Over medium-high heat in a 10″cast iron skillet, pan sears the shrimp in some oil.
Sear them on both sides in batches until browned, about 1 minute per side.
Using tongs, rub the shrimp into caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan.
Dish and serve hot, drizzled with remaining sauce.