Want a rich, hearty food that fills your stomach and soul too, this recipe is for you !! This recipe for southern-style fried chicken with creole spices is originally from Alabama, and has been passed down for generations and did I mentioned ? a guaranteed crowd-pleaser
– Salt: 15 g (1 tbsp)
– Black pepper: 15 g (1 tablespoon)
– Eggs: 2 large (beaten)
– Evaporated milk: 120 ml (½ cup)
– Water: 120 ml (½ cup)
– Wheat flour: 240 g (2 cups)
– Paprika: 5 g (1 teaspoon)
– Ground thyme: ¼ teaspoon
– Ground garlic: ½ teaspoon
– Oil for frying: 950 ml (4 cups)
– Chicken: 1 whole (cut into 8 pieces)
HOW TO MAKE IT :
- The first thing you have to is to cut the chicken into 8 pieces, seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- You’ll want to mix the eggs, milk, and water. Now that’s mixed, pour the mixture over the chicken and leave it for about 5 minutes.
- Mix together the flour, paprika, thyme, and garlic in a paper bag (thick) then put the chicken inside the bag and shake it until the chicken is well coated.
- Make sure the chicken is dry before put in the oil as the coating will not stick to the chicken if it’s wet.
- After that, you need to heat the oil (it should reach 175°C (350°F). immediately put the chicken in the fryer and fry for half an hour, or until the chicken is golden brown (the trick is that breasts or thighs will take around 15 to 20 minutes and the wings around 10 to 15 minutes). And please drain the chicken with kitchen paper.
- I find it very useful to use a mixture of half cream and half milk when I don’t have evaporated milk.